Personal information collected
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you access and use our website or WiFi services;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices within our stores; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
- suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf; and
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
Purpose of collection of personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way PJME and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at PJME.
Updating your personal information
You can update your personal information anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and stating the information to be updated.
Unsubscribing from email subscriptions
From time-to-time PJME may send you electronic marketing material but only ever in accordance with the provisions of Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by PJME.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click 'Unsubscribe'.
Security of your personal informationPJME ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it's no longer needed for our record retention purposes
PJME uses encryption technology when processing your financial details and its payment systems are compliant with the most stringent industry standard (PCI Service Provider Level 1 certification).
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- PJME partners, employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
About breaches of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by PJME please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
Collection of computer data
When you visit PJME, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- The pages within PJME you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternately, you can direct correspondence to:
PJME Legal Department
P.O. Box 33259
MELBOURNE VIC 3004